Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Concord and Walden Pond

“By the rude bridge that arched the food,
Their flag to Aprils breeze unfurled,
Here once the embattled farmers stood
And fired the shot heard round the world.”
                                     --Ralph Waldo Emerson

IMG_4901IMG_4902IMG_4904IMG_4910IMG_4913

Walden Pond
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. I did not wish to live what was not life, living is so dear; nor did I wish to practise resignation, unless it was quite necessary. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life, to live so sturdily and Spartan-like as to put to rout all that was not life, to cut a broad swath and shave close, to drive life into a corner, and reduce it to its lowest terms.”
                                         --Henry David Thoreau
Walden Pond

“Do not be too moral. You may cheat yourself out of much life so. Aim above morality. Be not simply good; be good for something.”
                                        --HDT

IMG_4937

“A truly good book teaches me better than to read it. I must soon lay it down, and commence living on its hint. What I began by reading, I must finish by acting.”     ---HDT

We also stumbled on the Boston temple on our way home from Concord

IMG_4942

The car is making us lazy. Steps we took today:

IMG_4947

No comments: