Thursday, July 17, 2014

Boston, goodbye

What an amazing time we've had in Boston.  I feel like we grew so much as individuals, and as a a family.  I saw Halle's confidence grow as she made new friends in Primary, had new experiences, and tried hard not to be shy when talking to adults.  Josh was able to have long, intense days and keep a good attitude the whole time, and keep his emotions mostly in check when dealing with hard things. Blake did so well at being independent and scootering all around town without whining and without always needing to stop and rest.
I feel like I grew in a million ways.  I spent two weeks alone with the kids in a new city, and was able to keep my temper and my exhaustion in check and create a really fun experience for all of us.  I tried harder to be present and engaged with the kids each day.  And I drove a car in Manhattan.
Boston, we will miss you.  Our hearts will always carry special memories of our summer in this beautiful city.


No comments: