Sunday, May 13, 2012

2nd grade Mentoring

I had the fun opportunity to be a Mentor in Halle’s class for a few weeks.  Basically, parents could pick whatever topic they wanted to teach the kids, plan some fun lessons and activities, and then the kids were able to sign up for whatever class interested them.  There were sports classes, science classes, vets, gardens, baking, etc.  I chose to do “Crafts for your American Girl Doll.”  I had 5 little girls in my group, and we had a blast making crafts for their dolls.  We made sleeping bags, tutu’s, tea sets, and duct tape dresses.  For one of our meetings we got to go on a field trip.  So, Jamie and I planned a cute little tea party, and the girls all brought their dolls to my house and had a fabulous tea party.  Good food, cute decorations, dolls…..what more could a girl want?  I’m so glad I did it!  I had a great time hanging out with Halle and her friends. 

photo 1photo 2
DSC_0128DSC_0130DSC_0133DSC_0142DSC_0150DSC_0170
Grace, Halle, Berlynn, Anna, and Quinn

DSC_0175

No comments: