Friday, May 29, 2015

Blake’s 6th Birthday

2015-05-26 07.31.25

Dear Blake,

This is the second birthday letter I am typing today because you deleted the first one while you were playing computer games :)

Happy 6th birthday to my fun, energetic, creative, imaginative boy.  I love you so very much.  You are the best snuggler, and if I am out for a run when you wake up in the morning you make sure that we have “make up snuggles” later in the day.  I love how you wrap your little arms around me and sink you head into my shoulder.  Lately you’ve been saying that you are scared at night, but secretly I think you just want to come snuggle in Mom and Dad’s bed.  You just finished an awesome year at kindergarten.  You had such a fun class and made great little friends.  Some of your best friends are Truman, Bennett, Walker, and Max.  This year Truman was like your brother.  You two spent so much time together and had so many adventures.  You are very sad to see him move to Portland this summer. 

Some of your favorite things to do are: play Animal Jam and Club Penguin on the computer, play Spot It (you say you are the pro at it), riding on your newly learned two wheeler, and swimming at the pool.  You are very proud that this year you can touch in the “deep end.”

You always fill our home with love and laughter.  You are constantly making up funny stories to tell us and you always do it with a twinkle in your eye.  It’s very had to motivate you to get your jobs done and this summer we are working a lot on getting things done, even when you’d rather be playing. 

For your birthday this year you finally got your coveted IPod.  Last year on your birthday you said, “Only one more year till I get my IPod!”  You had a rock climbing party with your friends at the community center and then we ate Ice Cream Cake at the park. 

Blake, you have so many gifts and talents.  I am so excited to see what big adventures life brings to you this year.  Keep smiling, keep dreaming—it will take you far. 

Love, Mom

2015-05-26 07.20.54

6th birthday Collage

No comments: