Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Blake Turns 5

Dear Blake,

Happy Birthday!  It seems as if you have grown leaps and bounds in the weeks leading up to your 5th birthday.  I think that final bit of baby face has melted away.  I love to watch you grow, and I am so excited to enter into this new phase of life without tiny kids. 

We love you so much and you make us laugh every single day.  You are very creative and love to color, cut, use modeling clay, and play with the rainbow loom.  Your favorite color is orange, favorite foods are cantaloupe and honeydew.  You told me that your favorite toy is your transformer, Bumblebee.  I think you also love your dog, Jingle.  Your favorite thing to do is to play the pillow game with Dad. You also love to jump on the tramp, and are working at mastering the monkey bars at the park. 

You definitely have your own timetable.  You hate to be rushed, but you love to see just how much you can get away with.  Sometimes when I’m trying to punish you by taking away screen time you just look at me and shrug your shoulders and say, “you’ll just forget anyway, so I don’t care.”

Blake, you are such a special boy who has many talents.  You are adored by all who know you.  I hope this next year brings lots of fun adventures, new experiences as you start kindergarten, and lots and lots of love.  Never forget that I love you to the moon and back.

Love, Mom 

PicMonkey Collage
A couple of days before Blake’s bday we went up to Nederland with the Bird fam to ride the “Carousel of Happiness.”  Come to find out, this carousel used to be at Fairyland Park in American Fork and my dad used to ride it as a little boy!  Cool!

PicMonkey Collage1

Blake had to share his birthday with the Bolder Boulder this year.  He chose Reese’s Peanut Butter Puffs for his special breakfast.  Later in the day we went swimming, and then had Pizza and watch the Lego movie that evening.  His favorite ipod game right now is Minecraft, so in honor of that, my good friend Sarah made him a very delicious Creeper cake.  

No comments: