Thursday, January 28, 2010

Everyone Poops

Even Josh!  It has finally happened.  Josh is potty trained.  After a failed attempt, and months and months of talking and motivating, he was finally ready.  We told him when we got home from Utah after Christmas it was no more diapers for him.  We got the cool undies, and just went for it.  For two days straight we had nothing but accidents.  I was ready to give in, convinced that he was not ready yet.  Rusty urged me to try just one more day.  And boy I'm glad I did.  He woke up in the morning, went on the potty, and we haven't looked back since.  He has not had one accident. Not even at night.  How cool is that?

Josh is our cute, stubborn little boy.  No one can tell him what to do.  So, if he decides he doesn't want something, nothing in the world can convince him otherwise. On the flip side, once he sets his little mind to something, it's as good as done.  We're proud of you Josh!

Josh is potty trained

9 comments:

Hiatts said...

Wow, that is great. We are stil fighting Matt witht that battle around here. Got any tips?

Adrienne said...

yay for poop in the potty and not the pants!

Hen Jen said...

good job! Life will be so much easier now! I miss not having a baby in the house, but the one thing I don't miss is going through the whole potty training thing.

Russ and Megan said...

YAY! I am convinced potty training is definitely one of the hardest or the hardest time of a mother's life. :)Takes lots of patience...something I am not very good at. Good job Tara! And good job Josh! :)By the way I love the thumbs up pic. :)He's so cute. :)

Carrie said...

Yay Josh!

Ryan and Adrienne said...

Congratulations!!!! I've been working with Parker for about 2 weeks now and he just keeps having accidents but he really doesn't want to wear diapers so I guess I'll just keep trying and hope that the lightbulb turns on soon.

Heather said...

Nothing is better than the day they are potty trained. It took our oldest daughter FOREVER! Seriously she was almost 4 years old. She knew what she had to do, but just didn't want to do it. It took her going to preschool on the first day and seeing everyone else go potty that FINALLY got her done! I really thought she was going to go on her first date in diapers!

Sarah said...

Congrats! He did it the exact same way that Sydney did...third day is the charm. Way to go Josh! Yea for you!

Tiffany said...

Aww, that is great! What a milestone. He is a little cutie! You have a great blog!