Sunday, November 23, 2014

Halle is 11

Dear Halle,
Happy Birthday to my sweet, smart, responsible girl!  I love you so much and can’t believe how fast you are growing up.  You are an absolute joy to be around and always willing to lend a helping hand.  Your favorite thing in the world right now is your pink stuffed seal, Princess.  She travels everywhere you go, and often after you leave for school I find Princess set up in a book club, tea party, school room, or other fun adventure.  You don’t want her to be lonely or bored while you are gone.
We had such a great soccer season this fall and it was so fun to be your coach and watch you grow and progress.  You are becoming a great defender and always try your hardest.  Being aggressive doesn’t come naturally to you and I’m proud of the way you are willing to step outside your comfort zone to become a better player.
This year has been the best traveling year ever with the Mexico Cruise, Summer in Boston, and Hawaii in the Fall.  I love traveling with you.  You are always up for whatever adventure comes our way.  You never complain about long days or tiring walks.  I love how excited you are to see new places and how you want to embrace all the experiences there are to offer.  In Hawaii, Dad wanted you to swim under Secret Falls with him, but I could tell you were a little afraid.  I watched you take a big gulp, muster up your courage and dive into the water.  I love that about you.  You are willing to take risks and do things that scare you.  And you had a blast under that cold waterfall. 
I love reading with you.  Recently we finished “I am Malala.”  I loved our discussions about girls all over the globe, and how lucky we are, and what we can do to stand up for women and children everywhere.  You have such a kind and giving heart and I know that you are going to make a difference in the world. 
Halle, keep being you, because I love everything about you! 
Love, Mom
Halle 11th bday 2014

No comments: