Friday, March 1, 2013

LOVE my kids

Rusty was in NYC for Valentines Day, so I had 3 cute little Valentine’s instead of 1.  I love how excited my kids get for holidays, and I love coming up with fun, special ways to celebrate.  We did special pancakes for breakfast, and they each had a little surprise waiting at their plate.

IMG_3308 IMG_3309 

The rest of the day was filled with school parties and lots and lots of SUGAR!

IMG_3320

IMG_3315
(Thank you Pinterest for the cute Valentine’s ideas!)

Both the Grandma’s sent them fun packages in the mail.  Books from Grandma Cornell, and Halle got the most adorable cupcake necklace from Grandma Banks.

IMG_3323 IMG_3324

For dinner we did “Cupids Crazy Cafe.” (Thank you Dating Divas!) It was a mixed up dinner where they had to guess what to eat from a list of valentines words.  So, for an appetizer they might choose lovin’ and squeezin’ which translated to a straw and a cookie.  Their main meal might be kissin’ and huggin’, which was a lemonade and a napkin.  And for dessert perhaps a little snugglin’, or in other words, pizza.  Josh and Halle thought this was the most fun thing we’d ever done.  It drove Blake crazy.  He did NOT think it was amusing that Halle got a cookie, and he got a napkin. 

I love my kids so much and I am so glad I get to stay home and be their mom.  I love being with them, teaching them, and learning from them.  Perfect Valentine’s day. 

No comments: