Sunday, July 8, 2012

Coney Island

photo 4

Coney Island really exceeded my expectations!  Admittedly, my expectations were very very low.  I actually hadn’t planned on going to Coney, but Dan really wanted to go, and we are always up for an adventure.  True, it’s expensive. True, it’s dirty.  But, I always LOVED the Carnival as a kid, and this place is like the biggest Carnival on Earth.  A Carnival right on the beach.  What’s not to love?? The beach was fairly dirty, but this is NY.  Everything is dirty.  The kids loved the rides in kiddie land, and snow cones on the boardwalk. Carlie and Dan said the roller coasters were really fun.  And what trip to Coney would be complete without a Nathan’s hot dog?  I can count on one hand the number of hot dogs I’ve eaten in the past 5 years, and I have to say—this hot dog was really good!  I would eat another one if we ever went back.  We ended the night on the Ferris Wheel with some beautiful views of the Ocean and of Manhattan.  There are lots of things in Manhattan I’d do first, but if you are visiting for more than 3 or 4 days it’s totally worth the hour long subway ride to get to this little wonderland.

Coney Island Collage

No comments: