Thursday, July 21, 2011

Weekend Get-away

Thanks to my wonderful parents, Rusty and I had a few days to ourselves before I had to head out to girls camp.  With the kids shipped safely away to Utah, we packed our bags and headed for the hills.  Or mountains, to be exact.  We had a quadrathlon of events in Breckenridge—running, mountain biking, tennis, and hiking.  And that was all before lunch!  It’s amazing how much you can do when you don’t have to take care of tiny ones.  After enjoying the outdoors and eating lots of yummy food in Breck, we headed down to Buena Vista to raft on the Arkansas.  Wow.  That’s all I can say.  The river was running unusually high this year and the rapids were amazing.  I also looked pretty amazing in my wet suit.  Too bad I didn’t get a picture ;) If you are ever in that area, please stop and eat a burger and onion rings from a little hamburger dive called “K’s”  I am still dreaming about it. 

IMG_1824 IMG_1821

IMG_1827IMG_1806

   IMG_1831

IMG_1837

(This is at the top of an incredibly LONG mountain biking hill.  The view was amazing.  Wearing jeans to go mountain biking---NOT amazing)

We concluded our getaway in Colorado Springs at the Cheyenne Mountain Resort.  More tennis, hiking in Garden of the Gods, and an awesome lantern tour through the Cave of Winds. 

IMG_0713 IMG_0716

1 comment:

thejohnmfamily said...

Your vacation looks fantastic (I'm so jealous)!