Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Gobble Gobble

We had such a fun, relaxing Thanksgiving this year!  Alan and Sharon drove in a huge snowstorm all the way from Utah to come spend it with us.  Thanksgiving morning I ran the Turkey Day 5k race (and set a PR!) and the kids ran the 1/2 mile Bumpkin Pumpkin Dash.  Josh was so cute—he would "practice” for the race by running across our living room.  Grandpa blasted the Gummy Bear song (ever Josh’s favorite) to give him energy.  He had to stop and walk a few times, but he had so much fun.  Halle girl was a speedy demon and ran the whole way!  Turkey Day 5k

I had the turkey in the oven before the race, and when we got home dinner came together really quickly.  It was the easiest year yet! I guess it’s true that practice makes perfect.  I’ve cooked Thanksgiving dinner every year that we’ve lived in Colorado.  After enjoying our feast we headed off to see “Tangled.”  We all agree that Maximus was our favorite character. 

DSC_0306

DSC_0310

DSC_0312

But the best was yet to come.  On Friday Halle, Jenna, Grandma and I went to see the Nutcracker performed by the Boulder Ballet.  It was fantastic.  Halle and Jenna were so so cute.  They were literally on the edge of their seat the entire time.  And Halle would just clap and clap at the end of the scene.  I think the Nutcracker is quickly becoming my favorite Christmas Tradition.

DSC_0313DSC_0316DSC_0321

4 comments:

Susan said...

First, your table decor is awesome! Second, congrats on your PR! And third, I'm gonna need a copy of that pic of Jenna and Halle. :) You are the coolest!

Unknown said...

Hi Susan,

I work for an online retailer and we love your blog and I would like to work with you with some promotions. Is there anyway we can reach out to you? If you can send me an email at cdelossantos (at) cafepress (dot) com, that'll be great! Thanks!

Carlo de los Santos
Social Media Manager, Cafepress

Unknown said...

How fun! I too love your table decorations. Congrats on the PR.

Yaya' s Home said...

I jus' found your blog through BlogFrog an' have been happily running around from one place to another. What a fun place you have created! I've really been enjoying myself.

~ Yaya