Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Help me test the latest Blog Frog widget

Hi Everyone,
This is Rusty- I'm hijacking the family blog for some Blog Frog testing, hope you don't mind.

Lately I've found myself visiting someones blog and wanting to just say hi, or say something that didn't really relate to a blog post. Or I've stumbled upon an old friends blog and I would want to say "Just dropped in". The only place to do this was the comments- which seemed kind of out of place. If I want to just say hi, that's not really commenting on their blog post. Plus nobody reads any comments except for the poster and the author- so it didn't really feel like a friend conversation.

So the next Blog Frog social widget is the "Chat Wall". It's a place to just say hi without getting buried in the comments. I'm excited because it's the first widget that is interactive with the visitors.

I'm hoping to release this on TheBlogFrog tomorrow so give it a whirl and let me know what you think (the more honest the better). If for some reason it doesn't work let me know with a good 'ole fashioned comment.

Thanks for your help!!!

2 comments:

Paul or Lindsay said...

Rusty,

I tried to reply on the chat wall, but it wouldn't let me. Is this because I am private? Do I need to go public to get a chat wall?

Carpenter Column said...

So I just signed into the blog frog, and it looks pretty cool. I don't have a lot of time right now, ("there's no time!" - I actually haven't said that forever!)...so I'll look into it more later. That's pretty cool business you have going on there! It is fun to see you you all are doing after all these years too!